Youth Support Worker
We are looking for resilient, motivated and empathetic individuals to help support Looked after young people aged 11-18 develop the skills towards independence.
Who are we?
We are an internal agency that recruit temp to perm staff to work within our own companies who deliver care, support and accommodation to children and young people aged 11 to 18 within the care sector.
What does the role involve?
No two days are the same in this challenging yet rewarding position. The role may involve:
· Helping to teach young people essential life skills, such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and booking appointments.
· Building up a trusting relationship and providing emotional support to young people who may have complex needs and present challenging behaviour.
· Support the young people to develop healthy lifestyles, positive relationships, self-esteem, and confidence.
· Helping towards keeping a safe, secure and clean, living environment.
· Attend review meetings and keep other agencies up to date with important information regarding the young person.
· Follow policies, risk assessments, and keep up to date with daily paperwork.
The right candidate will be:
· A positive role model with high morals and values.
· Able to deal with challenging behaviour and stay calm under pressure.
· Patient and understanding
· A good communicator and listener
· Proactive and hardworking
· Caring and supportive
Previous experience of minimum of 1 year working with Children and Young people is required for these roles.
The hours range from 4 -14 hours per shift. You may also be required to sleep-in from 2200 hours to 0800 hours. Hours are planned 1 month in advance and you have the flexibility to pick and choose shifts that work round your current lifestyle, whether that be a family, study or another job
Working with young people in various homes . Applicants must be willing to travel, But we do try limited the young people you support so that you build and maintain those important relationships that make them feel safe and secure.
Due to the nature of the client group you will initially work through the agency to ensure that this is the right role for you. The young people that you will support need solid relationships with support workers that are willing to support them long term so working through the agency gives you the chance to explore all the different elements of the role and start to build those vital relationships at the best pace for you and the young people you will support.
£9.10 - £10.00 per hour for daily support hours and a fixed allowance of £82.10 per sleep-in. Additional pay for bank holidays
Holiday Entitlement (Pro rata)
Opportunity for permanent roles with service providers
Ongoing training & development
For more information on these roles and many more please contact Castle Recruitment Solutions
For more information about a particular vacancy or to discuss your recruitment needs in more detail, contact Castle Recruitment Solutions on: 01159 987 438 or email